Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our Life this Week

We are nearing the end of our house construction and repairs. This week, we are living in the Residence Inn while our hardwood floors are sanded, stained, and finished. What an adventure! We arrived Sunday afternoon with loads (and I do mean LOADS!) of stuff. The kids were so excited - they ran from room to room playing with all the TVs, telephones, sliding closet doors, etc. They thought it was sooo cool! Avery has been carrying around a little copy of the Book of Mormon that she found in a drawer - she says its her little Bible!

We have a 2 bedroom suite with a small living and kitchen space. The kids are sleeping in the same room for only the 2nd time ever. Night one went well. Everyone slept great. I was woken up Monday morning to the sound of our front door opening and closing - Griffin had climbed out of his pack-n-play and was playing with the door! Thankfully, we had locked the bar at the top of the door! Needless to say, we were all up at 6 AM and made it to the lobby for breakfast at 6:30!!!

Now, last night was a different story. Avery came into our room at 12:05 AM and said "my room is really loud - I need to sleep in your bed." I then noticed that the alarm clock in the kids room was going off with some weird chiming noise - guess they had pushed one to many buttons earlier in the day. Not quite 2 hours later, I heard griffin crying. When I opened their door, Avery announced that she had peed in the bed - ARGH! So we were all awake at 2 AM...and the Griffin decided to wake up 2 more times during the night for no apparent reason. Actually, he asked for a snack at 4:30 AM!

And then to top of the long night, when Brent was leaving for work this morning, he noticed that his car had been broken into...his GPS and his golf clubs were taken. Really? Is all this really happening???

On a positive note, at this very moment, I have 2 sleeping children, a crockpot of chili smelling delicious, and at least a little time to curl up with a book. (one good thing about a hotel - there is no housework to get done during naps!) Anyway, you can pray that our sanity holds up for the rest of the week and that the kids decide to sleep tonight!

I'm working on Brents computer and can't figure out how to move the pictures around (stupid macs) so here they are in no particular order.

the kids room


our living room

enjoying some "chicken-fil-a"

movie time

our kitchen

5 comments:

  1. What an adventure!!! One that I'm sure you will be ready to give up. The kids seem to be taking this all in stride. (Except for the sleeping) We'll pray for a good night sleep tonight. I guess the car is safe since there is nothing left in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour! I can tell you guys are making the best out of a bad situation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I am impressed I mean I think Iwould have lost it by now! My hat is off to you...mom of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How crazy. Too bad about the break-in. People suck sometimes, I swear. But it tempers my attitude our stolen thrift store bike I guess. It's just the principle. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete