Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentines!

We've been celebrating Valentine's Day for several days now. We spent Wednesday afternoon making Valentine's cards for our cousins, grandparents, and great grandmothers. The kids painted pictures, got to use the glue themselves, and decorated with markers/crayons, and stickers. They (especially avery) really enjoy getting to do projects. I wish I was better at coming up with ideas for them!

Both kids celebrated Valentines at school on Thursday with parties and cards for everyone. They have been carrying around their bags of valentines for several days now - pulling them out one at a time and wanting me to read them! I've also had to ration out avery's chocolate!

Brent brought 2 dozen roses home - 1 for avery and 1 for mommy! They are beautiful and we are enjoying them!


I worked yesterday - and our babysitter Lauren (who is wonderful and much appreciated!) did some Valentine crafts with the kids. They were really excited when we got home from work to show off what they had made - Valentine's cards and flowers made out of tissue paper and pipe cleaner.


3 comments:

  1. So cute!! Apparently I have been a Valentine's Day slacker :). I need the creative gene. I am impressed Brent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the art work!! What a fun babysitter!
    Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Happy Valentines Day and great art work Mommy and Avery, and Griffin. Grahm will be doing projects in no time, once he is delivered!

    ReplyDelete