Sunday, February 1, 2009

Faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

we sang this in church this morning and i have been thinking about the lyrics ever since. i think that i overlook all the little ways God shows His faithfulness to me everyday...my prayer is that He will open my eyes to see and cause my heart to acknowledge His presence and faithfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Merritt, you are such a source of encouragement in my life. thanks for your comments on my blog! also, i've read this hymn over and over this morning and have been so blessed by it.

    ReplyDelete