Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Weighty Responsibility

Griffin is my little cuddle-bug and I am trying to take advantage of it before he is too big to hold or too cool for mommy love!! He is extra lovey at night so I like to spend just a few minutes rocking him before laying him down at night. As I was rocking him a night or 2 ago, I spent a few minutes just praying over him...and as I did that, I was really reminded of what a huge responsibilty I have. I am 100% confident that my own mother has always been and will always be my biggest prayer warrior. I know that she prays for me regularly - and that has always been a source of comfort regardless of what was going on in my life or what decisions I was facing. I can't even express how important that has been in my life...and therefore, I desire to be Avery and Griffin's biggest prayer warrior. I want them to know that from the very beginning of their lives, their mommy has loved them enough to bathe them in prayer daily. This seems like a daunting task at times when I can't even find a quiet moment in my day, but the weight of the responsibility keeps me praying. I pray that God will give me the desire and discipline for this task!

No comments:

Post a Comment