Thursday, September 10, 2009

Avery's Big Day

Avery had a very big day today...she had her first day of school and her first day of dance!

She is going to preschool 2 days a week at Epworth UMC. She was giddy this morning when I told her that the day had finally come. And she stayed excited until we got to the door! She was a little hesitant going in - no tears or anything, just a little reservation. However, she did not like the idea of having a name tag on her back! She fussed and squirmed so they didn't even put one on her. But the day went well and she was the last one out of the classroom when the day was done. When she saw Griffin, she said "I'm so glad you came back...I missed you so much!"



Avery is taking her first dance class this fall. It meets for 45 minutes and she gets to do both tap and ballet. All the girls wear the same dance uniform - Avery was so excited when each person arrived that she announced "you look just like me!" She enjoyed the class and when we got home, I had to sit on the kitchen floor and close my eyes - then she would yell "surprise" and show me something she had learned...

4 comments:

  1. So precious!! Ava starts dancing next week. I can't wait to see her reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big girl!! I love the dress she wore to the first day of school. I look forward to seeing some dance moves in November :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you just the big girl now! You look precious in your little dance outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she looks so cute! I can see headlines now:

    Avery Parnell, The Greatest Ballerina In the

    world. (Besides Dawn Hereth of Georgia!)

    ReplyDelete