Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

As time wears on, I have an ever-increasing appreciation for mothers! Mothering is a 24/7 job that is the most rewarding yet exhausting thing I have ever done!!! I'm not sure how my mother handled 4 of us so close in age - somedays, I think my 2 will turn me gray! (don't laugh - i already pluck a gray hair every now and then!)

Avery got really excited when she learned that it was "mother's day" - not that she had much of a clue what it meant - but she repeated " Happy Mother's Day" all day to me! And she made me a beautiful card at church. Brent gave me the best gift ever - a gift certificate for one hour to sit down and relax while someone paint my toes! I may have to really splurge and buy a starbucks on my way!!

We had a great, relaxing weekend. Brent worked on a few odd jobs around the house - thank you honey for hanging our blinds....and we spent a few hours on saturday at the park. The kids played well, got some energy out, and showed Daddy what I do with my days! (i think he found the playground rather boring...) Sunday afternoon we had our friends over to cook out. The adults actually found time for a little conversation while the kids ran around the yard. And we learned that only having 2 swings while entertaining 3 two year olds is a bad thing!

If you are reading this mom, happy mothers day and thank you for all that you have invested in my life and the lives of my children, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment