Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Avery!

Happy 4th Birthday Sissy!

Can it really be true - has it really been 4 years since God gave us you? WOW! Its been a fun and exciting 4 years for sure!




It seems like just yesterday that I was waking Daddy up to tell him that it was time to go to the hospital! And then you made a quick entrance into this world....and our lives have never been the same!



You continue to be a little sunshine to all those around you. People frequently comment to me about how much you smile. You don't have a shy bone in your body, although occasionally you like to "play" shy for a brief period. You love to talk and will talk to anyone who will listen - especially strangers. You have an uncanny ability to listen when you are pretending not to. Daddy and I are amazed at the things you overhear us say and then mention to us later. We have to be careful! You are extremely social, loving school and any activity involving friends. You live from "nap to nap" - always asking what we have planned after "this nap" (referring both to night time and nap time).



Your interest these days is primarily princesses and anything related to princesses. When at home, you almost always are wearing some sort of princess costume. We even heard you arguing with friends over whose "prince" Griffin is. You have managed to be very "girly," considering I am not! You love shoes, clothes, jewelry, chap stick...and by the age of 3 1/2, our biggest disagreements were over what you wore!! I'm in trouble when 13 rolls around! You also love arts and crafts - painting, drawing, stickers, etc. You have a great imagination and when Griffin isn't interrupting, you make up elaborate games.



You can write your name proficiently now and are learning what sound each letter makes - and are able to name what letter some words start with just by sounding it out. You love to count and can count just about as high as you'd ever want to. You've made dad and I count to 100 multiple times - and we're working on counting down now.



Your eating has drastically improved over the last year! You eat most of what I cook and have been really interested in eating what I am eating lately...even trying things you previously wouldn't have touched. We go in 2 weeks for you check up so I'm anxious to see how much you weigh and how tall you are now.

WE LOVE YOU SISSY! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE NEXT YEAR HAS IN STORE!

6 comments:

  1. i had a dream about this sweet girl last night. love her dearly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU AVERY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to our sweet Avery!!! Hope you are having a fun day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday precious girl. Wish we could be there Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have looked this three times, first time I made it through. I love that girl and I love my wife!

    ReplyDelete