Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day from the Parnells! We enjoyed a low key day of celebrating yesterday. The kids both had parties at school and were extra wild thanks to all the sugar they consumed throughout the day. They each made crowns covered in hearts and several other Valentine art projects. Here was a little card and gift that Avery made - it had a little candle holder that she had painted hearts on and tied a ribbon around.


Brent and I's night out got cancelled due to the stomach bug that hit our household...but here are the beautiful tulips that he brought me.


Avery requested that we have "something special for dinner" but couldn't give me any ideas of what she thought was special...so I made heart shaped jello jigglers to add to the kids' plates and then made some sugar cookies that they could decorate. She approved of my choices!






And then after the kids were in bed, Brent and I enjoyed some chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling grape juice while watching The Office on DVD!



3 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a fun day and lots of good treats. Your flowers were beautiful. I love tulips too! Happy belated Valentine's Day to all the Parnell's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's day y'all! Those strawberries look delicious, and those flowers: STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete