Wednesday, May 22, 2013

School's Out!!

As of yesterday, school is out and summer has officially begun!!  And oddly enough, I am actually excited about summer this year. Last year, I dreaded - and I do mean dreaded - it! (Maybe it was having a newborn, a 2 year old, and 2 kids that needed entertaining!) 

I love the slower pace of summer - not having to be out the door every morning by 8:15...no scheduled extracurricular evening activities...letting the swimming pool or sprinklers count as baths...playing outside all evening...

I try to have enough things "scheduled" that the kids don't drive me or each other crazy but enough down time to enjoy each other!  Graham is going to summer school on tues/thur and Carysyn is going on Thursdays. This will allow me some time with the big kids, primarily time at the pool.  The older 2 will do a week of soccer camp in June and Griffin will do a lego camp and Avery an art camp in July. Throw in a week of vacation to the beach and Mobile and that will be our summer!


 Here is my little 3 year old on the last day of school!  


 brothers gotta hug!


 and my big 5 1/2 year old!



 and my almost 7 year old!

Happy Last Day of School!

No comments:

Post a Comment